Jenny's Hangover Omelette with an Adriatic Twist
A quick, easy and greasy fix to get you through those shaky mornings after a big night out.
- 1 Frying Pan Non-Stick
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Mixing Bowl Glass or Stainless Steel
- 4 whole Eggs
- 150 grams Cubed Pancetta
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Grated Grana Padano Cheese
- 40 grams Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Oregano
- Heat the olive oil in low to medium heat. Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Preferable with Adriatic sea salt from the town of Ston, for extra authenticity. Add the grated grana padano and mix thoroughly.
- Tilt the pan to spread the olive oil, then add the pancetta once heated, and let simmer for 45 seconds to allow a light browning
- Pour the eggs into the heated pan. Once again tilt the pan to allow the egg mix to completely cover the pan and pancetta. After about 30 seconds cut a line through the middle of the mixture with a spatula. Continue to tilt the pan to allow the mixture to fill the area with runny eggs.
- Add the grated mozzarella and a pinch of oregano. Fold in half with a spatula and voila! Feel free to ganish with extra adriatic herbs of your choice.